banner background

mmici21

Monday, March 10, 2014

Laundry Room Items Organizer

We all have stuff we use repeatedly in our laundry areas....

1.) Dyer Sheets
2.) Stain Remover
3.) Laundry Soap
4.) Cleaner to wash your machines off
5.) Clothes Pins

I don't know about you guys... but I would like all my "stuff" in one spot, easy to reach and get what I need to get the job done.  How do you corral all your items to make your time in the laundry room more efficient?

So... I thought up an "organizer/holder" for the top of our dryer....



I knew that I wanted it to be pretty and practical.  Something heavy duty that would be able to stand up to repeated use.  Annnnnnd it needed to hold all my "stuff" that I "need".

Materials Used:
2 melamine plates from Walmart - 1 dinner and 1 salad plate
2 candlesticks, 2 sizes, one medium and one tall
Welder Adhesive Glue
Krylon Spray Paint - I used paint and primer in one - all White - worked GREAT!

 
I glued the small salad plate to the small candlestick holder - in the middle of the bottom side of the plate.
I did the same with the large dinner plate and tall candlestick holder....

 
Then after the glue had set, I glued the bottom of the smaller candlestick to the middle of the big plate... creating a two tiered tower.

 
Allow your glue to set up (I let mine go overnight)
I spray painted the tower - using Krylon Duo - Paint & Primer in One.
 
 
Now to add my items that I use on a weekly basis...
2 spray bottles from the Dollar Tree, labled with the contents
Scrubber for those not so nice stains that need a little encouragement
Scissors - stings, tags, etc. 


 


 
Now I have everything within reach of my washing machine - very handy! 

What can you take away from this gathering and organizing of every day items?
How can you make your items work the most for you when doing laundry?



No comments:

Post a Comment