banner background

mmici21

Friday, February 21, 2014

Come On in SPRING!!!!! - Brightening up our Entryway


Anyone else out there battling the winter blahs?  I know that am - daily!
I need a dose of sunshine, green grass and the sound of singing birds in the background...

Therefore.... A Spring Re-Do is a MUST for an immediate pick me up!!!!  First victim... our entryway! That way, everyone who comes into our house will also get the benefit of a whif of spring.... (imagine cut grass, and the smell of clean linen drying outside in the sunshine...)  - Sorry.. I am back... I was having one of those Calgon take me away moments...

where was I... Oh yes... our victim  er I mean our Entryway...




For Spring this year, I went with colors that I have used in the past, however mixed and matched from different seasons... Hee hee... saving a little cha-ching - if you know what I mean....




I have added some greenery which always adds a little touch of sunshine.


I decided to layer up various items in these shades to add dimension and texture.  I placed a wall hanging on the top instead of going the traditional route of hanging it.  (think of those giant mirrors people sit on the floors)


Here's an up close and personal look at each grouping.  You will see that several items have made their debut in other postings... I am just trying to keep it within budget. 

 
Hard to see here but the ribbons are black, and then a yellow chevron print on the other.  I have used these candlesticks in many other posts. 

 
You can check out the Building Block Re-Mod here....

 
This planter was given to me by my Mom, as well as the struggling plant - hey... I do not have a green thumb!!!!

 
Banner was made with various materials... adding a lot of fun to the mix...
craft paper, grey fleece, and a printed canvas... all strung up on a black ric rac ribbon.
all in all  = SUPER CUTE

 
I spray painted these finials I found at a local Goodwill.  These were purchased and showcased in this ThriftStore Thursday.  


I have since added and switched a couple things around.... I added a "SPRING" printable with a  yellow chevron print in the background in a teal blue frame...  I better go snap a shot of it now.. and add it to this post later...  LOL...




Nothing ever stays the same... Everything's up for change


No comments:

Post a Comment