banner background

mmici21

Monday, June 17, 2013

Homemade Cleaning Products - Disinfectant Wipes

As promised on Facebook.... the "Recipes" for the homemade cleaning products that I have made and used over the past two weeks - they have worked for the 2 weeks, and have held up, thought I would try them out before sharing with everyone...

Over the past two weeks I have used one bottle of Pine Sol that I purchased at Target for $2.42 - for several different cleaner recipes - which I will share with you all over the course of this week.  I still have some left of the cleaner even!!!  Probably close to a cup of cleaner remains after all recipes were made.

Disinfectant Wipes - 

Cost:
.50 - 1/2 roll Paper Towels
.25 - 1cup Pine Sol - rough est on price
Free - repurposed wipe container

I've been spending how much on the container of wipes at Wal-Mart or Target?????  OUCH!

Time:
Maybe took me 3 minutes to put this all together
The towels do need to soak up the mixture - that takes about 30 minutes to completely soak up to the top of the towels.

Ingredients:
1 roll Paper Towels - Heavy Duty - I used Bounty Basic - $1.00 at local Dollar Tree
Equal Parts Pine Sol & Water (I used a 2 cup mixture) - depends on the size of your container
I repurposed an empty un-named wipe container

Directions:
Cut your Paper Towel Roll in half
Take out the middle cardboard roll from paper towel roll
Fill Container with cleaner - you can pour over the paper towels if you would like too.
Place one half of the roll in the container - let it soak up cleaner - takes a little while to soak up all mixture.
I used this site - however the directions werent entirely clear:

 


The paper towels have held up surprisingly well - they didnt turn mushy and we use them all the time for quick clean ups!   I would recommend these for any cleaning you would do with regularly priced Clorox or Lysol wipes - you can also use your choice of disinfectant cleaner you would prefer.  I love the fresh scent of Pine-Sol.

No comments:

Post a Comment