banner background

mmici21

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Burlap Silverware Holders - Show your diners some LOVE!

We have some guests coming over for dinner soon, and I thought it would be fun to have a little "love" for our guests at our meal.

I thought these burlap utensil holders would be a great way to dress up the table setting!

Seriously.... ADORABLE!!!!
 
Supplies Needed:
Burlap
Scissors
Ribbon
Craft Paper
Heart Punch
Glue
 
I had some burlap from this past fall that was left over...
 
 
I cut one long strip that was 12 inches tall...
Folded up 4 inches and left the other 8 inches for the back, creating the pocket
 
 
I cut this strip into 5 equal pieces, they are a little over 5 inches wide

Gluing the sides of the pockets closed...  and added a strip of pale pink ribbon to the tops of the pockets... I put a piece of paper in between the layers to keep the two sides from attaching to each other....


 
After the ribbon on the front had dried, I wrapped the ribbon around the back and glued the rest of the ribbon to the back, creating a full loop. 
 
I cut out 5 hearts using my heart punch.  I used raspberry red paper. 
I then glued the hearts to the pink ribbon...
 


Now the glue has all set... I removed the papers from the pockets and added silverware.

 
These are going to be the perfect addition to our dinner!!!!!
 
Anyone dressing up their table scapes with Valentine's Day crafts?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment