banner background

mmici21

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

All tied up... scarf storage/organization

Scarves, Glorious Scarves.... (I am seeing myself laying on the bed throwing my scarves in the air as I say that...)

Great accessory.... Difficult to organize....
See exhibit A.)

Now these have not sat on the bench at the foot of our bed forever... in fact... they laid behind our bedroom door for at least 1 month before making it over to the bench...  actually... let's take a brief tour of their storage in the past....

1.) entryway closet... all hung up on a plastic hanger... until that broke... purely from the weight of the glorious fabric.
2.) I put 2 command hooks on the back of our bedroom door... and then placed a curtain rod across the two... hung the scarves on that bad boy for quite some time.... until the command hooks just fell off the back of the door...
3.) the floor behind the door...
4.) the bench at the foot of our bed.....

And we are back!

so while the theory behind #2 was great... the expectation of the hooks...  was just too high...

I don't have a huge closet... (which pains me greatly...)
I have a truckload of scarves....
I am tired of seeing them out and about....
I obviously enjoy the placement of them behind our bedroom door...

So.....


 
two curtain rods for $1.00 a piece... a kind hubby to hang these on the wall for me.. and then I just hung them all up where I can see them.... right next to my jewelry so I can get all accessorized in the same location!
In case any of you were wondering... I found 3 hangers, 2 belts, 1 pillowcase, and 2 dress shirts in the pile of scarves, while I was in the midst of hanging them up.
Ya, I was pretty pleased... not only by having my scarves in their obvious home... behind the door... but also the discovery of all my lost items, as well as the re-claiming of the bench at the foot of the bed..... JOY!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment