banner background

mmici21

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Decor - Part 3

After going thru our Christmas decorations, I discovered we didnt have a wreath for our front door!  I went searching on Pintrest for ideas.  I found a couple that I really liked, so I decided to combine a few ideas onto one wreath.  Who says it has to be one style?  A little over the top is alright...

I went collecting thru my Christmas decor that was left over, and pulled some supplies, sprigs of red berries, evergreen sprigs with pinecones and green glitter ball ornaments.

Grapevine wreath from Walmart - $3.47
Santa Hat from Walmart - $.97
Ribbons - $2.97 a yard
Snowflakes (foam) in a pkg of 20 - $4.97 (I used the remaining snowflakes to make ornaments for my random acts of Christmas Kindness project)

My trusted miscellaneous ribbons for decorating this year.  This helps keep a cohesive look thru-out our home.


 Pictures of the supplies.  I tried to mix traditional with contemporary and have the wreath showcase alot of textures, nature and alot of  pops of color!

I stuffed the Santa Hat with paper towels to create depth and I added zebra print ribbon as a band.
Then I started layering away! 
I tied the ribbons in a random pattern, trying to alternate stripes, polka dots, animal prints, and glittered ribbons.
 I then inserted the greenery and the berries
Using hot glue I fastened the snowflakes, santa hat, and the ornaments to the wreath. 


No comments:

Post a Comment