banner background

mmici21

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fun in the Sun! - Adding Summer Sunshine to the Entryway



The sunshine has inspired me and the uptick of Vitamin D I have recieved in the past couple weeks has engergized me!

It was time to spruce up the ole entry way with some summertime fun.... what things do we love about summer in the Smother's household????

  • Sunshine - Yellow
  • Water - Blue
  • Baseball - just wonderous nostalgia
  • Nature - Natural
So I wanted to incorporate each one of those elements in the entryway so as soon as you walked into our home you were greeted by what summer means to our family...

Here was our entryway before from a previous post -

 
 Here is after the change....................................
 
 
 
Individual shots of each element of the display:
 
Clipboard and cork board came from Goodwill in Oskaloosa for $1.99 each
I clipped a starfish on the clipboard for a beachy feel
I lightly spraypainted the cork board with Krylon's Ocean Breeze Blue - I wanted it to have a weathered feel to it...
I had the smaller canvas on hand - I painted it Krylon's Bright Yellow
the lettering "Fun in the Sun" came from a Scrabble game I got at Mahaska Co. Outreach for .50
The ball of shells I made from shells Shawn and I collected on our honeymoon in Acupulco.  I glued them to a stryofoam ball.
 
 
 
To bring in the natural elements I used jute rope to tie around the mason jars, the candles and I used it as well as a display item in the bowl


 
Seashells from Walmart - I glued these to styrofoam balls as well... tied jute rope around the candle, and added some grass for an outdoorsy feel.


 
Sea Glass and beads in Mason canning jars tied with jute rope

 
Baseball!!!! 

 
Glass jar on hand, sand and rocks for a nice beachy natural feeling

 
Sea Grass woven basket and another seashell ball.
 
And here is the overall view again.....
 
How are you incorporating elements of your family into your summer decor?
 
Even after I posted this piece originally, I went and made a few changes... I removed the 3 canning jars from the middle shelf and removed the plant from the top shelf.  I moved the baseball glove and grass to the middle of the shelf.
 
I think these changes cleaned it up a bit.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment